Technical Support – Level 4
SAQA Qualification ID: 78964
Why study Technical Support NQF level 4?
The purpose of this qualification is to build a foundational entry into the field of Computer Sciences and Information Technology, specifically into the field of Systems Support, covering basic knowledge needed for further study in the field of Systems Support at Higher Education Levels. The workplace experience can now be gained while acquiring the qualification through the various learnership schemes that are planning to use this qualification.
A Qualifying Learner will be able to:
- Communicate effectively with fellow IT staff & users of information systems.
- Demonstrate an understanding of different types of computer systems and the use of computer technology in business.
- Demonstrate an understanding of problem-solving techniques, and how to apply them in a technical environment.
- Demonstrate an understanding of Computer Technology Principles.
- Select and use materials and equipment safely for technological purposes.
- Work effectively as a team member within a support team.
- Carry out, under supervision, a small size task to demonstrate knowledge of techniques & skills needed in one or more of the following areas of majoring/specialisation.
- Hardware and Infrastructure Support for Personal Computers.
- Hardware and Infrastructure Support for Office Products.
- Data Communications and Network Support.
Who should study Technical Support NQF 4?
This course is intended for employed and newly employed individuals entering a workplace and aiming at upskilling themselves and unemployed individuals who want to develop their skills and become more employable.
Technical Support Level 4 potential careers
In data communication and networking.
In hardware and infrastructure support for Office Products.
In hardware and infrastructure support for Personal Computers.
This qualification is run over 12 months.