GAMING OPERATIONS – NQF LEVEL 4
FURTHER EDUCATION AND TRAINING CERTIFICATE
This qualification will prepare learners for employment in a variety of entry-level positions within the Gaming environment and enable them to be nationally and internationally competitive. Since this will serve as an entry-level qualification in the gaming sector, it opens up career opportunities within the sector.
A Qualifying Learner Will Be Able To:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the gaming environment and the context in which gaming activities take place.
- Meet customer service requirements in interacting with customers.
- Function effectively in the operational environment.
- Operate effectively by performing services in a selected area of specialisation, being one of:
> Slots operating/hosting.
It is assumed that the learner attempting this qualification is competent in:
- Communication at NQF Level 2 or equivalent.
- Mathematical Literacy at NQF Level 2 or equivalent.
Recognition of Prior Learning:
The structure of this unit standard based qualification makes the Recognition of Prior Learning possible. Learner and assessor will jointly decide on methods to determine prior learning and competence in the knowledge, skills, values and attitudes implicit in the qualification and the associated unit standards. RPL will be done by means of an integrated assessment.
This Recognition of Prior Learning may allow for:
- Gaining of credits for unit standards in this qualification.
- Obtaining this qualification in whole or in part.
All Recognition of Prior Learning is subject to quality assurance by the relevant ETQA or an ETQA that has a Memorandum of Understanding with the relevant ETQA.
Upon successful completion, participants will receive the National Certificate: Gaming Operations, recognised at NQF Level 3. This certification is developed in alignment with international standards and is accredited by CATHSSETA, a Culture, Arts, Tourism, Hospitality and Sports Education.