Strategic Management – NQF Level 5
Further Education and Training Certificate
This qualification forms part of a learning pathway of management qualifications across various sectors and industries. It is specifically designed to develop management competencies required by learners in any occupation, particularly those who manage first line managers. The qualification further develops the key concepts, principles and practices of management that will enable learners to lead, manage, organise and control first line managers and team leaders. The scope of generic management covers five domains: leadership, managing the environment, managing relations, managing knowledge and the practice of management.
A Qualifying Learner Will Be Able To:
- Initiate, develope, implement and evaluat operational strategies, projects and action plans, and where appropriate.
- Recommend change within teams and/or the unit so as to improve the effectiveness of the unit.
- Monitor and measure performance and apply continuous or innovative improvement interventions in the unit in order to attain its desired outcomes, including customer satisfaction, and thereby contributing towards the achievement of the objectives and vision of the entity.
- Lead a team of first line managers, by capitalising on the talents of team members
and promote synergistic interaction between individuals and teams, to enhance individual, team and unit effectiveness in order to achieve the goals of the entity.
- Build relationships using communication processes both vertically and horizontally within the unit, with superiors and with stakeholders across the value chain to ensure the achievement of intended outcomes.
- Enhancing the development of teams and team members through facilitating the acquisition of skills, coaching, providing career direction, and capitalising on diversity in the unit.
Who Should Study Strategic Management Level 5?
The learners will typically be managers who have other junior managers or team leaders reporting to them. In smaller organisations or entities, the managers could primarily be responsible for managing the supervisors and staff within their section, division or business unit.
Strategic Management Level 5 Potential Careers:
- Junior manager
- Team Leader