Manufacturing – NQF Level 2
Further Education and Training Certificate
The National Certificate: Metal and Engineering Manufacturing Processes is for any individual who is, or wishes to be, involved in a metal and engineering manufacturing processes environment. This qualification recognises the skills, knowledge and values acquired by learners involved in operating and monitoring manufacturing machinery and assembling components and working in the metal and engineering industry using such processes.
A Qualifying Learner Will Be Able To:
- Operate and monitor machinery in the metal and engineering related environment range.
- Assemble components/products in a manufacturing or production and assembly environments.
- Explain the use of engineering drawings and marking-off procedures for regular engineering shapes.
- Demonstrate an understanding of Occupational Health, Safety and Environment standards in the workplace.
- Organise and manage oneself and one’s activities.
- Monitor, evaluate and remedy workplace safety, health, and environmental practices.
- Interpret information contained in engineering drawings.
- Collect, analyse, organise, and critically evaluate Supply Chain information.
- Explain emergency preparedness and response procedures.
Who should study Manufacturing – NQF Level 2?
This course is intended for employed and newly employed individuals entering a Manufacturing industry and aiming at upskilling themselves and unemployed individuals who want to develop their skills and become more employable. This qualification forms the basis for further learning in the field of metal and engineering manufacturing processes at NQF level 3 and 4.
Manufacturing – NQF Level 2 potential careers:
Production Control Clerk
Assembly Team Leader
Production Line Operations
Entry Level Safety Technician