Generic Management –
NQF Level 3
SAQA Qualification ID: 83946
Why Study Generic Management NQF Level 3?
The purpose of the qualification is to build the knowledge and skills required by employees in junior management who have had schooling below NQF level 3. As a qualification that covers management, it provides a framework for learners to develop competencies that will enable them to become competent junior managers. It introduces some theoretical concepts, requires the application of a limited base of knowledge and requires a well-developed range of skills that will enable learners to be informed workers in their chosen industry.
A Qualifying Learner will be able to:
- Carry out simple research tasks.
- Interpret current affairs related to a specific business sector.
- Recognise the effect of HIV/AIDS on the specific workplace, business sub-sector and own organisation.
- Apply knowledge of self and team to enhance team performance.
- Maintain records.
- Manage time and the work process.
- Explain the structure of an organisation.
- Conduct a formal meeting.
- Induct a new member of a team.
- Motivate a team.
- Describe the management function of an organisation.
Who should study Generic Management Level 3?
The National Certificate in Management: Level 3 is intended for personnel already employed and other learners who intend to follow a career in management. The unit standards classified as core may be added to other industry qualifications to provide a management focus and align qualifications to the work done by learners.
Generic Management Level 3 potential careers
- First line manager
- Section Heads
- Junior Manager
- Team Leader
This qualification is run over 12 months.