Wholesale and Retail Operations – Level 3
SAQA Qualification ID: 63409
Why study Wholesale and Retail Operations Level 3
The National Certificate in Wholesale and Retail Operations – NQF level 3 serves to provide the Wholesale and Retail sector with personnel that can perform the operation functions to industry standards, optimise productivity and improve service levels. The qualifying learner will undergo personal development that will contribute to social and economic development. This qualification allows maximum mobility between industries. The intention is to promote the development of knowledge and management skills that are required in all sectors.
A Qualifying Learner will be able to:
- Provide a sales service to customers of a retail unit.
- Enhance the sale and preparation of perishable foods.
- Advise on and promote a range of cosmetics.
- Display merchandise visually.
- Supervise forecourt personnel.
- Control credit accounts in a wholesale and retail environment.
- Cash up point of sale and deposit unit takings.
- Administer the movement of stock into and from a wholesale and retail business unit
- Explain how employees can influence the objectives of a wholesale and retail business unit.
- Ensure a positive customer experience in a wholesale and retail business unit.
Who should study Wholesale and Retail Operations Level 3?
The Certificate in Wholesale and Retail Distribution, NQF Level 2, is designed to meet the needs of the learners who are already employed and involved in Wholesale, Distribution or Mail Order Retail within the Wholesale and Retail field.
This certificate may also be useful to anyone who wishes to pursue a career in wholesale and retail sector.
Wholesale and Retail Operations Level 3 potential careers
General and Finance
Trade Union Officials
This qualification is run over 12 months.