Negotiation Skills Training
Why Study Negotiation Skills?
Making sound business decisions will develop into good outcomes in the business or organisation. The lack thereof can result in disastrous outcomes. This standard unit is intended for employees who have just started their careers.
A Qualifying Learner Will Be Able To:
- Understand and apply basic negotiating concepts
- Lay the groundwork for negotiation.
- Identify what information to share and what to keep to yourself.
- Understand basic bargaining techniques
- Apply strategies for identifying mutual gain.
- Understand how to reach a consensus and set the terms of the agreement.
- Deal with personal attacks and other difficult issues.
- Use the negotiating process to solve everyday problems.
- Negotiate on behalf of someone else.
- Develop and reach a consensus.
- Understand the basic types of negotiations.
- Understand the phases of negotiations.
- Understand the skills needed for successful negotiating.
- Not settle for less than they feel is fair.
- Understand their opponent.
- Understand that an atmosphere of respect is essential when negotiating.
- Implement the basic negotiating concepts.