Successful credited candidates with this unit standard can:
- Learn the principles of ergonomics and their applications.
- Learn about the proper use of equipment, tools, and machine controls.
- Use good work practices, including proper lifting techniques.
- Become more aware of work tasks that may lead to pain or injury.
- Recognize early symptoms of MSDs.
- Understand the importance of reporting and addressing early indications of MSDs before serious injuries develop.
- Understand procedures for reporting work-related injuries and illnesses, as required by OSHA’s injury and illness recording and reporting regulation