Computer Technician Level 5
Upon completion of the Computer Technician qualification students will be expected to provides technical assistance to users, including diagnosing and resolving issues and problems with software, hardware, computer peripheral equipment, networks, databases, systems and the internet.
The qualification outcomes cover types of software, hardware, components, upgrading and troubleshooting a computer, formatting and partitioning hard drives, and network topologies. Green technology, maintaining records of daily problems and remedial actions, and prepare evaluations for systems performance.
- Identify the potential green technologies, processes and procedures to create a sustainable computer environment to reduce e-waste in an organisation.
- Set up desktop/laptop for a new user according to software compatibility by installing operating systems and peripheral equipment according to given specifications.
- Communicate effectively using appropriate methods to maintain effective customer relationships according to organisational standards.
- Analyse and resolve hardware/software problems such as operational discrepancies to optimise performance of the desktop/laptop systems.
- Apply knowledge of principles and practices in order to identify and solve problems arising in the course of their work.