Communication Strategies Training
Why Study Communication Strategies Training?
While many adults have not been in a class setting for years, the thought of going back to school might be a daunting thought for some. The purpose of this unit standard is to ensure that adult learners cope in learnerships, skills programmes, and other learning programmes.
At The Completion Of The Unit Standard, A Qualifying Candidate Can:
- Plan and gather relevant information for use in a given context
- Function in a team
- Reflect on how characteristics of the workplace and occupational context affect learning
- Find and use suitable learning resources
- Use learning strategies
- Manage occupational learning programme materials
- Find and use available learning resources.
- Identify learning resources.
- Resource centres, dictionaries, general texts, internet, other learners, videos.
- Use learning resources effectively through appropriate selection of information and acknowledgement of sources.
- Use learning strategies.
- Summarise information used for learning purposes.
- Apply specific techniques appropriately.
- Ask relevant questions.
- Check understanding, clarifying meaning, getting information, asking for help.
- Learning takes place through communicating with others in groups.
- Manage occupational learning materials.
- Organise occupational learning materials for efficient use.
- Layout and present learning materials.
- Index contents page or glossaries effectively.
- Understand terminology that is engaged with.
- Plan and gather relevant information for a given context and purpose.
- Sequence information gathering steps appropriately.
- Apply Information gathering techniques.
- Gather, read, view, interview and observe information using appropriate electronic sources.
- Sift Information for relevance.
- Classify, categorized and sort information.
- Gather information for given context and purpose.
- Present conclusions in appropriate format.
- Function in a team.
- Practise negotiating techniques.
- Reflect on how characteristics of the workplace and occupational context affect learning.
- Identify type of sector and organisation.