Critical Safety Measures In The Workplace
Purpose Of The Unit Standard
- Explain safety rules related to the specific workplace
Qualification Title: Critical Safety Measures in the Workplace
Qualification ID: 13167
Qualification: Accredited Training
Duration: 1 Day Course
How You Will Benefit
1. Recognise and interpret safety signs and colour codes
Signs and codes indicating demarcated areas, specific hazards, instructions, services.
2. Identify and describe personal protective clothing and equipment for different situations
Identify and describe personal protective clothing and equipment for different situations in the specific workplace.
3. Identify potential hazards in the workplace and describe how to prevent or avoid them
Hazards include horseplay, oil and water spills, pressure, heat, steam lines, lifting and moving of weights, and hazards associated with the use of individuals tools and processes.
Potential means being able to describe possible problems which may occur in the context.
4. Describe my role in maintaining a safe environment
A safe environment includes cleanliness, lights in working order, etc.
5. Respond appropriately to injuries
Respond appropriately: call for assistance, switch off electrical power points, stem blood flow, etc.