Understanding Quality Indicators In A Warehouse
Purpose Of The Unit Standard
Qualifying learners can transact material receipts, route materials to designated storage areas and store / warehouse materials. This includes processing documentation, picking material, auditing inventory and taking appropriate corrective action where required.
Qualification Title: Understanding Quality Indicators in a Warehouse
SAQA ID: 116280
Qualification: Accredited Training
Duration: 1 Day Course
How You Will Benefit
1. Receive material and transact receipt
- Inspect condition of packaging.
- Check delivery timing against delivery schedule.
- Identify non-conforming material.
- Capture data.
- Process documentation.
- Receipt includes local, import, airfreight receipt in line with material plan.
- Delivery exceptions includes early and / or late delivery.
- Transacting includes manual and automated processes.
2. Route received material to designated storage area and store / warehouse
- Stack and / or locate material.
- Designated storage area includes warehouse, line-side, JIT / JIS and quarantine areas.
- Storage includes fixed / random location storage, kitting areas, lock-up, bulk, hazardous material, quarantine, bond and pilot stores.
3. Pick and supply material
- Line replenishment cycle.
- Despatch material.
- Supply methods includes milk-runs, marshalling areas, kitting and KANBANS.
- Despatched materials include picked, repacked and kitted material.
4. Audit inventory accuracy
- Verify inventory and investigate discrepancies.
- Perpetual Inventory, yearly four-wall count, spot-checks, out-of-line requests, damage, scrap and returns processing and obsolescence.