NQF Level 2
SAQA Qualification ID: 58781
Why study Production Technology Level 2
This qualification provides learners with the range of learning and skills required to be able to perform a series of activities to support manufacturing, engineering, and technology processes. Learners will acquire a range of skills in the identification of production parameters in manufacturing, engineering and technology industries and basic strategies to achieve them.
A Qualifying Learner will be able to:
- Communicate production and manufacturing related operational information to a variety of end users
- Optimise organisational structures, functions, and processes in order to contribute to achieving production specifications.
- Apply quality standards and procedures in production activities.
- Demonstrate an understanding of production technology practices, terminology and systems as applied in manufacturing, engineering, and technology.
- Maintain a safe and healthy work environment through contributions made to production activities individually and in working groups.
- Prepare, use and operate equipment to support a manufacturing process.
- Maintain stock levels of equipment and consumables.
Who should study Production Technology Level 2?
Production Technology Level 2 is designed for individuals who wish to work in the Manufacturing industry where production technologies are used. Individuals who wish to upskill themselves in their respective positions in Production Technology.
Production Technology Level 2 potential careers