This Qualification is for any individual who is, or wishes to be, involved in a metal and engineering manufacturing processes environment. While the National Certificate: Metal and Engineering Manufacturing Processes, NQF Level 2 focussed primarily on the operation of production/manufacturing machinery, this Qualification provides learners with the standards and the range of learning required to achieve competencies primarily in the preparation for and the monitoring and adjusting of production/manufacturing machines in the metal and engineering manufacturing processes industry. This qualification contains the skills, knowledge and values required by learners involved in monitoring and adjusting production or manufacturing machinery and working in the metal and engineering industry using such processes.
- SAQA Qualification ID: 79666
- NQF Level: 3
This qualification is run over 12 months.
- Operate and monitor machinery.
- Complete post-production and finishing operations.
- Read and interpret engineering drawings.
- Mark-off regular engineering shapes.
- Select, use and care for engineering hand and power tools.
- Verify compliance to safety, health and environmental requirements in the workplace.
- Explain emergency preparedness and response procedures.
- Work in a team.