This Qualification is for any individual who is, or wishes to be, involved in a metal and engineering manufacturing processes environment. The purpose of the qualification is to provide learners, with the standards and the range of learning required to achieve competence in the operation and monitoring of machines in the metal and engineering manufacturing processes industry. This qualification recognises the skills, knowledge and values acquired by learners involved in operating and monitoring manufacturing machinery and assembling components and working in the metal and engineering industry using such processes.
- SAQA Qualification ID: 79686
- NQF Level: 2
This qualification is run over 12 months.
- Operate and monitor machinery.
- Complete post-production and finishing operations.
- Read and interpret engineering drawings.
- Mark-off regular engineering shapes.
- Select, use and care for engineering hand and power tools.
- Verify compliance to safety, health and environmental requirements in the workplace.
- Explain emergency preparedness and response procedures.
- Work in a team.