This qualification specifies the key skills, knowledge and values required to access engineering and manufacturing qualifications in the Further Education and Training Band. It describes the learning outcomes required to participate in workplace-based learning programmes for occupationally focused qualifications in the manufacturing, engineering and assembly sectors.
NQF Level 1
- SAQA Qualification ID: 23253
- NQF Level: 1
This qualification is run over 12 months.
- Skills in working with basic communication and information technology systems.
- Core skills in measurement, use of common tools and instruments and an understanding of the science and technology which underpins these activities.
- Safety, health, environmental and quality issues related to the specific work context.
- Understanding and working with the policies, rules and procedures related to the specific work context, contracts, BCE and the relationship between the employer and the employee.
- Understanding and explaining the basic principles which underpin business in the manufacturing, engineering and assembly field (concepts of cost, adding value, money value of time, profit and loss, customers).
- Skills related to, and an understanding of, the options and alternatives in the learning pathway, goal setting,
planning work and learning processes, measuring and evaluating progress and outcomes. Understanding financial issues related to pay, tax and deductions including unemployment insurance, pensions or provident funds and other forms of insurance.