McLennan and Associates (Pty) Ltd t/a BConsult – POPIA Compliance
- Cookies: a small text file (up to 4KB) created by a website that is stored in the user’s computer either temporarily for that session only or permanently on the hard disk (persistent cookie). Cookies provide a way for the website to recognise you and keep track of your preferences;
- Data: information in electronic form;
- Data Subject: person to whom personal information relates;
- IP Address: a unique address that identifies a device on the Internet or a local network;
- Personal Information: information relating to an identifiable, living, natural person, and where it is applicable, an identifiable, existing juristic person, including but not limited to:
- Information relating to the race, gender, sex, pregnancy, marital status, national, ethnic or social origin, colour, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental health, well – being, disability, religion, conscience, belief, culture, language and birth of the person,
- Information relating to the education or the medical, financial, criminal or employment history of the person;
- Any identifying number, symbol, e-mail address, physical address, telephone number, location information, online identifier or other particular assignment to the person;
- The biometric information of the person;
- The personal opinions, views or preferences of the person;
- Correspondence sent by the person that is implicitly or explicitly of a private confidential nature or further correspondence that would reveal the contents of the original correspondence;
- The views or opinions of another individual about the person;
- The name of the person if it appears with other personal information relating to the person or if the disclosure of the name itself would reveal information about the person.
- POPIA: Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013;
- Private Body:
- natural person who carries or has carried on any trade, business or profession, but only in such capacity;
- a partnership which carries or has carried on any trade, business or profession; or
- any former or existing juristic person, but excludes a public body;
- The Company: McLennan and Associates (Pty) Ltd, trading as BConsult;
- Traffic Data: any data processed for the purpose of the conveyance of a communication on an electronic communications network in respect of that communication and includes data relating to the routing, duration or time of a communication;
- User: a person who uses a computer or other device to access this website; and
- Web Browser: an application used to access and view this website. Well known web browsers include Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Safari.
2. Personal Information
The Company does not collect personal information on this site unless you provide the Company with your personal information. If you provide your personal information through this site, it will be held by the Information Officer
There are places on the site where you can provide personal information, such as:
- Emailing an enquiry to the Company;
- Registering for an event;
- Emailing a copy of your Curriculum Vitae to the Company;
- If you lodge a complaint, make a comment, or give feedback through the website, the Company will process your email address and other contact details, if provided, in accordance with our Data Processing Policy;
3. Use And Disclosure
The Company will only use personal information that you provide through this website for the purposes for which you provide it.
The Company will not make your personal information available to any third party unless this is necessary for the purpose for which you provided the information (for instance to investigate a complaint).
The Company may use your personal information for the purposes of administering and improving the site, improving our services or communicating with you. The personal information you provide to us may be shared with operators to the extent necessary for them to administer and improve the website on your behalf.
The Company will only disclose your personal information to third parties in limited circumstances where authorised by POPIA (for instance to enable the South African Police Service to investigate a criminal offence).
4. Website Analytics
You may visit the website without providing any personal information. The website servers will in such instances collect the IP Address used by the data subject to access the website, but not the e-mail address or any other personal identifiable information. The information on IP Addresses is aggregated to measure the number of visits, the average time spent on the website, pages viewed etc. The Company analyses non – identifiable traffic data to improve our services, via a third (3rd) party programme, namely Google Analytics.
The Company may collect, hold and use statistical information about the website visits to help us improve the website. Such information includes:
- Your IP Address;
- The search terms you used;
- The pages accessed on the Company’s website and the links visitors clicked on;
- The date and time you visited the website;
- The referring website (if any) through which you clicked through the Company’s website; and
- The type of web browser you use (eg. Internet Explorer, Mozilla or Firefox).
6. Links To Social Networking Services
The Company uses social networking services such as Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram to communicate with the public about its work. When you communicate with the Company through these services, that social networking service may collect your personal information for its own purposes.
These services may track your use of the Company’s website on those pages where the links are displayed. If you are logged in to those services (including any Google services) while using the Company’s website, their tracking will be associated with your profile with those service providers.
These services have their own privacy policies which are independent of the privacy policies and practices of the Company.
Your right to access and correct personal information:
- The Company will provide you with access to any personal information that the Company holds about you;
- You may object to the processing of your personal information;
- You may also request the Company to correct, delete or destroy your personal information in accordance with our Data processing Policy.
Kindly contact the Company’s Information Officer to request access to your personal information or the correction of your personal information.
You can ask to be removed from any of the Company’s subscription lists at any time.