DIVERSITY TRAINING COURSE
1 DAY COURSE
ID NO 12463
COMPANIES ARE REQUIRED TO REPORT ON THE DIVERSITY TRAINING THEY HAVE OFFERED THEIR STAFF AS PART OF EMPLOYMENT EQUITY.
In the past ten years, the workforce has changed dramatically. More than ever, a workplace is a diverse collection of individuals proud of who they are: their gender, their sexual orientation, their religion, their ethnic background, and all the other components that make an individual unique. In order for your workplace to succeed, your employees must be able to appreciate and celebrate those differences.
How You Will Benefit From Diversity Training:
- Understand what diversity and its related terms mean
- Be aware of how aware you are of diversity and where you can improve
- Understand how changes in the world have affected you and your view
- Diversity Training will enable you to identify your stereotypes
- Understand what terms are politically correct and which are not, and why
- Be familiar with the four cornerstones of diversity
- Understand what the pitfalls are relating to diversity and understand how to avoid them
- Develop a technique for dealing with inappropriate behavior
- Develop a management style to encourage diversity
- Know what to do if you or one of your employees feels discriminated against
Complete the form below to receive the Diversity Training course outline and costs.
Being taught a collection of skills in social and cultural awareness will lead to a better work environment of content employees which in turn will lead to an increased productivity, and profits. Our Diversity Training course is a means of getting to understand these issues which come from having a diverse workplace. Having a multicultural workforce is a huge benefit to a company as individuals are likely to bring a distinctly different range of skills and thinking to the table. However, this also does present some challenges for the workplace. Our differences are what makes us unique, though this can lead to animosity in the workplace when co-workers from different backgrounds do not understand how to interact with each other or misinterpret certain cultural communication habits. Enter our Diversity Training course. Much like a team building, diversity training aims to bond employees, though this is done by tackling social issues which may cause conflict between them in the workplace. By breaking down the social barriers that separate workers from ethnic to political, employees will learn to understand each other’s differences. Doing our Diversity Training course will outline a workers diversity stance and then pinpoint the areas that he or she would need to refine. Another aspect of our Diversity Training course is what not to say when engaging in conversation in a workplace setting with a diverse population. On the cross side, diversity training also teaches how to deal with improper behaviour from a co-worker. The course will also teach management level employee’s methods on how to handle employees who are being discriminated against and on a more proactive approach seek out their own strategies to endorse diversity within the workforce and help prevent discrimination or at the very least prevent the same incidents from repeating in the future.